Who is this qualification for?
If you are passionate about fitness and supporting the health and wellbeing of others, our combined diploma programme provides the practical skills, backed up by comprehensive knowledge and theory to realise a career as a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer. You will be able to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective gym based exercise and personal training programmes.
Benefits for individuals
- Build your theory and practical knowledge in exercise and wellbeing
- Develop your knowledge and skills to become a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
There are no specific entry requirements although individual participation is necessary and some experience of gym based exercises, including free weights is highly beneficial. There are practical demonstrations so access to a gym would also be required.
Induction: One to one, online tutor led induction session
Course delivery: You will:
- have access to our interactive, online learning programme
- be provided with tutor led, online, one to one tutorials
- be able to contact your personal tutor for support calls throughout your course
- ** Our Tutor Plus Service includes additional 3 x on-site one to one visits
Duration: 3 – 6 months
Assessment: Worksheets, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence, practical observation during 2 x tutor on-site assessment visits
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 5 – Planning gym based exercise
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym based exercise
The learner must complete
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Unit 2 – Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Unit 3 – Programming Personal Training with clients
- Unit 4 – Delivering Personal Training sessions
You may wish to consider further qualifications in Health and Fitness, or in Leadership and Management.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Service £2,882
** Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £3,482
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.