Who is this qualification for?
The Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management helps managers and aspiring managers to really get to grips with their role, gain comprehensive business knowledge, and develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively.
Benefits for individuals
- Consolidate your management skills and experience
- Build knowledge of specialist business areas
- Develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need be a leader
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
This qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge in six broad areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results and using resources. Learners can choose to work with their employers to find the units that best fit their individual and organisational requirements.
Induction: One to one, tutor led induction session
- You will receive a learning folder containing all of the units selected at induction along with assignment briefs to complete the units
- 3 x online one to one tutorials
- 3 x online support sessions as required to support your progress with training and assignments
- ** Our Tutor Plus service includes additional 3 x one to one on-site visits
Duration: Flexible – Sessions and assessment projects will usually be completed in 6 – 8 months
Assessment: Criterion assessment applies to all units within this qualification (i.e the learner must adequately evidence each assessment criterion) This will be assessed by the course tutor
The course consists of a combination of units from 2 groups. It has a total credit value of 37 with a choice of optional units from groups 1 and 2.
Group one includes the following subjects:
- Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance
- Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity
- Developing People in the Workplace
- Understanding Financial Management
- Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation
- Developing Individual Mental Toughness
Examples of group two units are detailed in the course overview. The full list of Units and their Levels, Credit Values and Guided Learning Hours is available on request.
This qualification will prepare learners to progress to further qualifications such as the ILM Level 5 Award or Certificate in Leadership and Management.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Service £1,987
** Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £2,600
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.