Who is this qualification for?
If you are passionate about fitness and supporting the health and well-being of others, our Certificate in Personal Training gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individuals a personal training setting.
Benefits for individuals
- Build your theory and practical knowledge in exercise and fitness
- Develop your knowledge and skills to become a Personal Trainer
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
It is a requirement for learners to hold a suitable level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing. There are practical demonstrations so access to a gym would also be required.
Induction: One to one, online tutor led induction session
Course delivery: You will:
- have access to our interactive, online learning programme
- be provided with tutor led, online, one to one tutorials
- be able to contact your personal tutor for support calls throughout your course
- ** Our Tutor Plus Service includes additional 3 x on-site one to one visits
Duration: 3 – 4 months
Assessment: Worksheets, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence, practical observation during 1 x tutor on-site assessment visit
The learner must complete
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Unit 2 – Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Unit 3 – Programming Personal Training with clients
- Unit 4 – Delivering Personal Training sessions
You may wish to consider further qualifications in Health and Fitness, or in Leadership and Management.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Service £1,189
** Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £1,789
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.