Have you heard of projects that have overrun? Gone over budget? Been out of control?
Project Management Essentials has been designed to give you the basic knowledge and skills to start managing projects efficiently and effectively.
Who should attend?
Managers, employees and individuals at all levels who are being asked to run projects within their areas of responsibility. Those who are looking for an entry point into becoming a project manager.
What outcomes can I expect?
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Ability to develop a project plan and identify success criteria
- Greater understanding of the importance of people skills alongside process and control
This one-day workshop helps delegates to understand the importance of project management. Many people find themselves managing projects of various kinds without ever having received any training in how to do so. This workshop is aimed at all staff who find themselves managing projects, be they research projects, change projects, administrative projects, or projects of any other kind.
The workshop is designed as an introduction to the concepts of project management. Project planning is the starting point but we also examine how to scope your project and to keep it on track. Good planning and structure should make the management of your project as smooth, stress-free, and as successful as possible. Attendees will cover aspects like:
- Understanding the meaning of a project and project management
- Understanding the process of communication: idea, encoding, decoding & feedback
- Understanding the project management process through the project management roadmap including Planning, Implementation and Closeout
What is a Project
- Definition of a project?
- What are its attributes?
What is project management?
- What is the role of a project manager?
- Are you a project manager?
- The Project management process
The importance of managing
- Planning the key to success
- Forming the project team
Keeping the Project on Track
- Issue resolution
- Delivering the final outcome
What are the entry requirements for the course?
There are no minimum academic or vocational qualifications required but a good general standard of education is beneficial.
What could I do after this course?
Depending on your circumstances you may wish to consider our Effective Time Management course or use your learning toward one of our full level 2, 3 or 4 Leadership and Management qualifications.
How long is the course?
How is the course delivered?
We deliver this course as a focused group 1 day workshop for up to 10 attendees. Each attendee will receive a course workbook and all of the resources required to complete the training. The course can be delivered at your workplace or at our training centre near Reading.
We could also deliver this course remotely, please contact us for further information.
Take your next step today…
- You can make your booking directly through this website or by talking to one of our course coordinators on 0118 984 4638
- You will then receive an acknowledgement email
- You can mark the date in your diary!
- You will receive an official confirmation along with joining instructions, invoice and directions to the TSP Pro Training Centre. Please allow up to 1-2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
£1,500 – 1 day workshop for up to 10 attendees