Who is this qualification for?
The level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration is aimed at those who wish to gain the advanced skills required to operate in senior administrative positions. The programme covers the essential knowledge that administrators are required to have in relation to the principles of business and communication in the business environment. It also provides learners with the opportunity to develop themselves across a wide range of optional unit subject areas that include diary and event management, IT and supervisory management.
Benefits for individuals
- Further your career in business and administration
- Improve your knowledge and skills relevant to business and administration
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
There are no specific entry requirements for the Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration however strong communication skills are essential. Learners must also have access to a real working environment as part of the assessment will be an observation in the workplace.
Induction: One to one, online tutor led induction session
Course delivery: You will:
- have access to our interactive, online learning programme
- be provided with tutor led, online, one to one tutorials
- be able to contact your personal tutor for support calls throughout your course
- 3 x on-site one to one visits
Duration: 6 – 12 months
Assessment: Worksheets, coursework, portfolio of evidence, observation in a work environment
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1 – Principles of business
- Unit 2 – Principles of business communication and information
- Unit 3 – Communicate in a business environment
- Unit 4 – Principles of administration
- Unit 5 – Manage personal performance and development
Plus a minimum of 13 credits from Optional Group B, a maximum of 10 credits from Optional Group C and a maximum of 8 credits from Optional Group D.
Examples of optional units include but are not limited to:
- Support the co-ordination of an event
- Assist colleagues to develop their skills
- Managing a team’s performance
- Manage a project
The full list of Units and their Levels, Credit Values and Guided Learning Hours is available on request.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as Leadership and Management.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £2,573
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.