Who is this qualification for?
The Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Facilities Management covers the knowledge, understanding and practice of diverse elements of Facilities Management. This qualification is for those who work, or wish to work in Facilities Management and is suitable for First Line Managers and Team Leaders.
Benefits for individuals
- Build on your knowledge to apply practice in the workplace
- Develop your management skills and experience
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
Induction: One to one, online, tutor led induction session
- You will receive a workbook and resource book which will cover all of the mandatory knowledge required to complete the certificate
- 3 x online one to one tutorials
- 3 x online support sessions as required to support your progress
- ** Our Tutor Plus service includes additional 3 x one to one visits
Duration: Up to 6 months
Assessment: Assessment is via portfolio/assignment and 1 x tutor assessment day
To achieve this qualification learners have to achieve a minimum of 31 credits in total, 15 credits from the 3 units in mandatory group A:
- Develop and implement a risk assessment plan in own area of responsibility
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Provide and monitor facilities for clients
And a minimum of 5 units from optional group B, a minimum of 8 units from optional group C and a minimum of 3 units from optional group D.
Examples of optional units available include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of staff
- Assist staff to develop their skills
- Operate security measures
- Managing a team’s performance
- Manage a project
The full list of Units and their Levels, Credit Values and Guided Learning Hours is available on request.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as Facilities Management or Leadership and Management at Level 4.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Service £1,700
** Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £2,300
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.