Who is this qualification for?
The Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Facilities Management covers the knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Facilities Management. This qualification is for those who work, or wish to work in Facilities Management and is suitable for First Line Managers and Team Leaders.
Benefits for individuals
- Build knowledge of a specific sector
- Demonstrates and provides recognition for your knowledge and understanding relevant to Facilities Management
- Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
Induction: One to one, online, tutor led induction session
- You will receive a workbook and resource book which will cover all of the mandatory knowledge required to complete the certificate
- 3 x online one to one tutorials
- 3 x online support sessions as required to support your progress
- ** Our Tutor Plus service includes additional 3 x one to one visits
Duration: Up to 6 months
Assessment: All the units in this qualification are knowledge based and assessment is by portfolio/assignment
To achieve this qualification learners have to achieve a minimum of 21 credits in total, 10 credits from the 4 units in mandatory group A:
- Delivering facilities management service in the workplace
- Understanding and developing relationships in the workplace
- Understanding facilities management within the context of an organisation
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
And a minimum of 11 units from optional group B.
Examples of optional units available include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of staff
- Managing contracts and contractors
- Managing workplace projects
- Understanding security measures
The full list of Units and their Levels, Credit Values and Guided Learning Hours is available on request.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as Facilities Management or Leadership and Management at Level 4.
What are the course costs?
Online Personal Tutor Service £970
** Online Personal Tutor Plus Service £1,500
Advanced Learning Loan
If you are aged 19 and over, you may be eligible to apply for a Learning Loan to cover a substantial part of your course fees. Learning Loan repayments start the April following the completion of your course and are only made when your annual income exceeds £21,000. The monthly amount you repay is calculated as 9% of your annual income above £21,000.