What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a real job with training so you can earn while you learn and pick up recognised qualifications as you go. If you live in England, are over 16 and not in full-time education you can apply. Our programmes typically take around 13-18 months to complete and cover a wide range of job roles in a wide range of industries, from things like Facilities Management, Team Leading, Management, Security Management, Passenger Transport, Customer Service and Business and Administration.
- Earn a salary
- Get paid holidays
- Receive training
- Gain qualifications
- Learn job-specific skills
An Apprenticeship is a combination of a job role undertaken with training toward a set of approved qualifications that have been developed by employers and standard setting bodies with accreditation from award winning organisations.
Most Apprenticeships currently follow a standard format that comprises:
- A set of nationally recognised skills/competency standards (These may in some cases, be underpinned by a Certificate or Diploma qualification, e.g. Level 2 for Intermediate Level Apprenticeships, Level 3 for Advanced Level Apprenticeships, Level 4 & 5 for Higher Apprenticeships)
- A set of national recognised knowledge requirements
- A set of professional behaviours
- Transferable Skills: English, Maths and for some, ICT
Apprenticeship Standards also include independent End Point Assessment.
We provide the knowledge, skills and behaviour training through our workshops and online learning, while the employer provides the practical experience to put those skills into practice. Training is delivered through our online and site based workshops, combined with one to one tutorials and online learning.
Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT is delivered where candidates do not already hold appropriate qualifications or need to upskill. We use NCFE Functional Skills Certificate qualifications at Level 1 and 2. Delivery takes place using online workshops and and online learning platform provided by NCFE’s Skills Forward.